[wp-hackers] Get query variables and tags

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Feb 3 00:20:37 GMT 2009

In addition, If you want to use all the normal Template tags (such as
the_title(), the_permalink(), etc) you might want to create your own
loop: http://weblogtoolscollection.com/archives/2008/04/13/define-your-own-wordpress-loop-using-wp_query/

You basically do the same, But instead of ->query('showposts=5'); use
->query( array('post_in' => $objects, 'showposts' => <number of posts
you want>) );

I should've mentioned WP_Query defaults to 5 posts.. (Which get_posts
uses internally), you can set the post number to 0 to retrieve them
all.