[wp-hackers] Shortcode to show excerpts by tag?

Beau Lebens beau at dentedreality.com.au
Mon Feb 2 18:51:45 GMT 2009

Hey Brian,

I just implemented something similar to this on my Page templates on
http://dentedreality.com.au (e.g.
http://dentedreality.com.au/projects/webpad/, "Recent Headlines" at
the bottom).

It's not a shortcode, it's done via a specific Custom Field when you
create the Page. Basically I just add a tag using the "project-tag"
Custom Field and then it uses that to load headlines. Here's the code
from the theme file:

<?php if ( $tag = get_post_custom_values( 'project-tag' ) ) : ?>
        <?php $headlines = get_posts(array('tag'=>$tag[0])) ?>
        <?php if ( count( $headlines ) ) : ?>
                <h2>Recent Headlines for this Project</h2>
                <ul>
                <?php foreach ( $headlines as $post ) :
setup_postdata( $post ); ?>
                        <li><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php
the_title(); ?></a></li>
                <?php endforeach; ?>
                </ul>
        <?php endif; ?>