[wp-hackers] Sandbox in WP Core?

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Mon Feb 2 17:23:44 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Jennifer Hodgdon <yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:

> On an unrelated note, how do you search the theme repository by tag anyway?
> Shouldn't there be an advanced search somewhere, or at least a tag cloud?
> Adding a tag for "frameworks" wouldn't help unless there is some way to
> search for it.

This is kind of obvious but just in case people haven't thought of it:
If you can't find a given "tag" in the plugin/theme repositories try
going to any random tag and just changing the url to a tag you wish
existed.

In scouring through the plugin db looking for plugins (even ones i
know the name of /sigh) I've discovered that there are A LOT of tags
that don't show even in the extended tag cloud, and often an invisible
tag can get you a list of similar plugins that would otherwise be
impossible to see together. I imagine this would also work for the
themes repository as they are mostly the same code (?).

--
Jeremy Clarke | http://simianuprising.com
Code and Design | http://globalvoicesonline.org