[wp-hackers] Re: Translation problems after automatic plugin upgrade

Derek Hogue derek at amphibian.info
Mon Feb 2 00:42:03 GMT 2009

Jennifer, DD32,

Thanks for the responses ... I was unaware that .mo files were binary,
that makes sense that this could be the problem.

I'll gather more server data from the users who've had problems.  I
know for sure that one report was from someone running the 2.6 branch,
but another was just yesterday, so I'm assuming it was from 2.7.

The plugin is GigPress - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gigpress

The .mo files were created using POEdit, and committed to the
repository using Versions.

I can't help but wonder why I haven't heard any other reports of this
though.  Googling this brought up nothing.

Best,
Derek