[wp-hackers] Blogger to WordPress ?

madalin niladam at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 21:56:51 GMT 2009

Hello.

I actually managed to fix this. After i've read ALL those tutorials
(including Chris Jean's suggestion) i managed it by applying the
classic default theme to the blog, adding a javascript redirect.

As for the simple redirect with onload, this was a not. We wanted to
pass the post's title to the new blog.

Anyway, i fixed it and thanks for your suggestions!:)

Madalin

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Gaarai <gaarai at gaarai.com> wrote:
> Most times, a quick google search (redirect blogger account) produces gold.
>
> 301 Permanent Redirect from Blogger Beta to WordPress
> <http://www.techcounter.com/wordpress/301-permanent-redirect-from-blogger-beta-to-wordpress/>
>
> The site even has instructions on how to do the import process. This could
> have saved you some time.
>
> Chris Jean
> http://gaarai.com/
> http://wp-roadmap.com/
>

> madalin wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've managed (after 3 days) to import from blogspot (libxml was
>> broken, had to reinstall it) over to self-hosted wordpress. I've been
>> reading almost anything i could find about a redirection from
>> blogspot. Even tried their service (actually this sucks, it requires
>> the user to click YES in order to function) of redirection but
>> everything failed. The only one that worked is blogspot's lame
>> redirection service. No luck.
>>
>> I know this is probably not the place for this type of questions, but
>> DOES anyone have a tutorial about or can provide a hand on this one ?
>> Almost every tutorial out-there says place this code (javascript)
>> below <Blogger> tag. But that doesn't exist.
>>
>> Please provide me with a hint or such.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> madalin
>> http://madalin.eu