[wp-hackers] Improving WordPress Core Development

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Tue Dec 29 20:18:33 UTC 2009

On Dec 29, 2009, at 3:12 PM, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> On 2009-12-29 11:52 AM, Mike Schinkel wrote:
>> Anyway, that doesn't work nearly as well as UserVoice.
>
> We can make the ideas forum better, and will. I prefer that over a dependency on an external, proprietary service.

Why must you reinvent the wheel when one already exists? Why work on something that you'll but 10% of your time into when someone else will be putting 100% of their time into? Why force us to wait on improvements until some unforeseen time in the future when those improvements could be had now?

The "Not Invented Here" syndrome has seen the downfall of many a powerful company. Why not learn from their experience?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_Invented_Here

-Mike Schinkel