[wp-hackers] compression and caching

Malaiac malaiac at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 18:44:06 UTC 2009

My 2 cents about optimisation.
I wrote this post
http://www.malaiac.net/465-optimisation-wordpress.html a few weeks ago
(in French) about WP and general server optimisation.

Should not be in core. While I'm a fervent advocate of core dev
harassment when needed, I'll pass on this one. Too many configs, too
many needs. In some WP installs, I just need a quick speed up, I use
WP Cache. On others, ranging from 10k to 120k pageviews a day, I need
fine tuning and extreme speed.

What I'd like to see : a way to concatenate user scripts into wp scripts.

My main concern : time to first byte. I can't get this one to stay
under 1 second, which is too much.