[wp-hackers] Developer portal

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 22:56:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:37 AM, [ ravi ] <ravi-lists at g8o.net> wrote:

> There are some things that just take time if I want to do them the right
> way... like right now, I am trying to figure out how some of the Comment
> Administration actions seem to respond AJAXily (e.g: approve/unapprove) and
> I am not at all sure how that's done. I want to add some additional comment
> actions (which act via AJAX) and I can code all that up quickly if I just
> implemented the AJAX query/response for those actions (using jQuery perhaps,
> with clues from the corresponding Codex page). But perhaps I am overworking?
> Outside of asking on wp-hackers, is there a document that will tell me? (so
> far, I don't know the answer after looking at some of the AJAX and admin
> plugins related Codex pages).

No, there isn't a tutorial that will tell you how the AJAXy action links for
comments work. But you have something much more valuable at your disposal:
the entire source code.

I'm not suggesting that a tutorial wouldn't help, just that at that level of
detail, looking at the code is a much faster way to learn how stuff works.
(Btw, using the Firebug console to follow AJAX requests is priceless.)

--
http://scribu.net