[wp-hackers] JavaScript concatenation and compression - any documentation?

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 08:32:12 UTC 2009

Thank you Ken, I will check that link.

Eric, I've understood that it works only with core scripts, but what
core scripts are actually meant here? I thought the talk was about
core javascript files. That for example if I load javascript files
from wordpress installation and not from my plugin directory (let's
say jquery, farbtastic, jquery ui tabs and some more) I get this
functionality working (getting those files concatenated that this). Am
I wrong? Does it work only within wordpress itself?

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 1:57 AM, Eric Marden <wp at xentek.net> wrote:

>>> No. It can't be turned on, period.
>
>> What does it mean it can't be turned on? I've been asking whether
>> concatenation is already turned on (for only core scripts) by default?
>
> Davit, Andrew was answering your question. Its turned on for the core
> scripts by default, but doesn't do anything for plugins or themes.
>

> - Eric Marden

Davit Barbakadze