[wp-hackers] Developer portal

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 18:58:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> If there were to be a developer portal for WordPress, someplace where if
> you're first getting started with hacking on WP, building plugins, creating
> themes, you could go and it'd have all the best resources in one place, what
> resources do you think would be important to have there?
>
> What do you wish you had when you first started developing for WordPress?

I don't remember specifically, but I do know what I look for every
time I start to develop for or customize a new application of any
sort:
 * Documentation
 * Tutorials
 * An IRC channel where I can ask noob questions
 * Open-sourced code to grep through

Thankfully WordPress already has all of those, even if not in the same
place (I'm not really sure what it would mean to have them in the same
place).