[wp-hackers] Developer portal

Chris Williams chris at clwill.com
Tue Dec 15 18:53:42 UTC 2009

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned here yet, but some kind advice/suggestions on how to set up your work environment.  For example:

 *   Software tools you need/might find useful: editor, debugger, svn client
 *   Testing machine layout: local test machine, staging/test machine, live site, and how to move between them
 *   Brower test options/techniques: how to get access to and/or test for ie, ff, handhelds, etc.
 *   Related web resources: php.net, the css-d list, this list, etc.

Some of this can/will be religious (editors, for example) but perhaps a list of commonly used choices, or even just "you need a code editor".

I spent an inordinate amount of time when I started getting all of this worked out.  Some help/advice/pointers would help.

Chris

From: Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Developer portal

Anyone else have any wishlist items that haven't been mentioned yet?