[wp-hackers] WP_Object_Cache problem

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Mon Dec 14 00:47:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
> function get_transient($transient)
> function set_transient($transient, $value, $expiration = 0)
> function delete_transient($transient)

Dude you just blew my mind. I can now drop my custom wp_options
pseudocache system and also stop telling people they need to write
their own. IMHO this is one of the most needed functions in wordpress,
its too bad it was silently languishing for so long! I have slides to
update!

I haven't actually tried using them yet but I made a Codex article
based on your description and looking at the source. Anyone with
experience please take a look through and fix anything that's not
right.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Transients_API

--
Jeremy Clarke |
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org