[wp-hackers] Plugin Privacy Option (was Revisiting phone home and privacy)

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Sun Dec 13 23:53:01 UTC 2009

Chris: Your example was hilarious.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Stephen Rider
<wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:
> 2) Personally I think this is more of a plugin area.  "Disable Plugin Update Checks" could allow you to turn checks off entirely, or toggle checks on a plugin by plugin basis by modifying the array that is sent to the server.
>
> Personally I FAR prefer #2.  New headers should be rare, and this doesn't seem like a best case for that.  I think this could be done very nicely with a (not too complicated!) plugin, and I think that's what it should be.

+1, I liked the original idea but I like this better. Add a filter to
the updater and make sure its a two-liner to disable your plugin from
inside itself. Maybe this is already possible, if so someone please
just paste in the two lines and we can all relax about our nonexistent
super-private plugins.

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org