[wp-hackers] Storing Arbitrary Data as Custom Post Types

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Wed Dec 9 16:05:10 UTC 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 8:11 PM, Christopher O'Connell wrote:

> Indeed I might go so far as to suggest that part of the requirements
> for
> canonical plugins is that those that store data do so in some
> consistent
> fashion.

Isn't that what the WordPress API already does? If they are already
following current best practices, its easy to discover their data
structure without some arbitrary XML/JSON/YAML definition file that we
have to maintain and pass around. Its WordPress, not a SOAP Service.

my 2 cents,

- Eric Marden
http://xentek.net/code/wordpress/
tw: @xentek