[wp-hackers] single quote #039; issue when querying the DB

Olivier autremonde75 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 06:42:47 UTC 2009

@Chris :
I was rather talking of user meta values, not sure if the process is
the same.

I have tried to apply maybe_serialize before performing the query but
no luck, doesn't do anything.

I have also tried to apply maybe_unserialize while getting the data
from the DB, the #39; is kept unchanged and passed on as #39; into the
html code however when I get it back from the post, it is converted
back as a quote and if I apply an esc_html or maybe_serialize, it
doesn't modify it to #39;. The maybe_serialize on the quote doesn't
change it and the esc_html change it to #039;.

@Mark :
I am using WP 2.8.6. Not sure how you have performed the test. Please
try to modify the first_name for instance, you should see what I am
talking about.

Thanks for your help!