[wp-hackers] Revisiting phone home and privacy

Mark Jaquith markjaquith at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 05:49:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Lynne Pope <lynne.pope at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the absence of any statement on wordpress.org to tell users what data is
> being collected and how it is being used, I would like to know if WordPress
> has found any need to collect blog URL's?  If it has, then this should be
> disclosed, if it has not then perhaps we should be replacing the blog URL
> with an anonymous identifier.

wordpress.org has a privacy policy that applies to any information
sent to the site, which would include the API.

http://wordpress.org/about/privacy/

It's fairly standard. The meat:

"WordPress.org will not rent or sell potentially
personally-identifying and personally-identifying information"

--
Mark Jaquith
• http://markjaquith.com/http://coveredwebservices.com/