[wp-hackers] From SSL to non-SSL

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Fri Dec 4 18:11:20 UTC 2009

On Dec 4, 2009, at 12:08 PM, mccormicky wrote:

> The reason I used the plugin http for wordpress isn't because I
> don't want
> to just redirect the page with Apache
> but that everything called by other wp plugins,js files,css files in
> header.php by wp-head must be using https for the security
> certificate to
> kick in
> without an error message: "this page contains insecure items".

Yeah, I should have thought about that. More than likely something in
the hosting environment is different, which is why you are getting the
results that you are.

A good place to start debugging this is with a file with <?php
phpinfo(); ?> in it on both servers. Visit that page in your browser
and compare the php configurations.

- Eric Marden
http://xentek.net/code/wordpress/
tw: @xentek