[wp-hackers] From SSL to non-SSL

mccormicky mccormicky at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:08:13 UTC 2009

Hey thanks for answering despite my newbie double post. Wasn't sure if it
got sent. Sorry about that.

The reason I used the plugin http for wordpress isn't because I don't want
to just redirect the page with Apache
but that everything called by other wp plugins,js files,css files in
header.php by wp-head must be using https for the security certificate to
kick in
 without an error message: "this page contains insecure items".
The plugin accomplishes that for me despite having to edit some of the other
plugins and paste relative paths to the files that aren't made https.
The plugin can cover most but not all. But its still a lot less work with it
than without it.

My post was more to do with redirecting out of ssl than redirecting to ssl
because I'm doing that ok(well,maybe not if I shouldn't be using wp to do it
all).
Just can't seem to get out of ssl if another link in the nav is clicked on
this one site.
 I'll add in a 3rd case study and see what happens with it.
If I have the same results with #3 I guess I'll know the successful site is
the exception, not the rule.