[wp-hackers] Custom Post - implementation specifics

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Thu Dec 3 22:41:07 UTC 2009

On Dec 3, 2009, at 12:56 PM, Otto wrote:

> I do like the idea of making an easy way to steal the post editor
> screen for a custom post type without reinventing the wheel. There
> should be some nice way to do that. I don't know of one at the moment,
> a lot of it seems hardcoded and hard to appropriate.

I just did this, and its not too bad. It could be a lot easier for
sure, but once you see how it works, it was easy to create one. I've
only begun to scratch the surface, but you can view the results in
this plugin: http://github.com/ads/wp_post_footer/ (soon to be on the
extend db).

What we need are more functions like the_editor() that make adding
different parts of the screen(s) to the page, without copying a lot of
markup.

- Eric Marden
http://xentek.net/code/wordpress/
tw: @xentek