[wp-hackers] One CMS to Rule Them All (was This was painful to read...)

Malaiac malaiac at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:07:20 UTC 2009

009/12/3 Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com>:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Mike Schinkel
> <mikeschinkel at newclarity.net> wrote:
>> There I have to disagree.  I am not trying to constrain the system, I am trying to creating a layer that simplifies a very common use case. The existing layer still exists when my layer is on top of it so there is nothing constrained, only common use cases simplified.
>
> I disagree that your use case is common. I think you're being overly
> limited by what you want to do, and I do not think that you can expand
> that out into the general population.

sidenote :  I always thought Gallery Management is not a common need,
that it could be very well handled by plugins, and that maybe it
bloats WP core.
And last time I checked, it was still "WordPress", not "ImagePress".
(ok , a little bad faith here).
In my case (more than 20 WP in production, going from B2B corporate
site to big blogs, flash game website, etc.), I need a better custom
content management way more than a gallery management.