[wp-hackers] Custom Post - implementation specifics

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Dec 3 17:56:59 UTC 2009

I do like the idea of making an easy way to steal the post editor
screen for a custom post type without reinventing the wheel. There
should be some nice way to do that. I don't know of one at the moment,
a lot of it seems hardcoded and hard to appropriate.

Adding your own menu system is not particularly hard right now, so not
sure anything specific needs to happen here:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Adding_Administration_Menus

I'd like to see the "Links" abstracted back into a post type instead
of being separate though. But that's probably just me.

-Otto
Sent from Memphis, TN, United States