[wp-hackers] One CMS to Rule Them All (was This was painful to read...)

Malaiac malaiac at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 00:24:46 UTC 2009

My 2 cents in poor english.
Having encountered many cases where WP was the solution fit to the
needs of my clients, I often regret the lack of management (or, more
precisely, WP getting in the way of what I need to achieve) of custom
content types and poor rewriting.

I don't think handling custom content types and the URLs that go along
would "bloat" the WP core. The way they are coded are actually very
restrictive to "post" content, and they could be rewrited in a more
generic way ; post management would then be a specific use of these
fonctions.