[wp-hackers] One CMS to Rule Them All (was This was painful to read...)

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Wed Dec 2 23:50:53 UTC 2009

On Dec 2, 2009, at 6:44 PM, Nathan Rice wrote:
> Yeah, it's one thing to have a working patch just waiting to be approved ...
> it's another thing to have a vision for the software, but want other people
> to write the code to make your (or my) vision a reality. I've been guilty of
> the latter far too many times. (but I'm not necessarily saying that you're
> guilty of this, Mike)

I'd be happy to write code, if I knew it would be accepted.

I unfortunately can't afford the time to write code that will never be used (I wish I did have the time because I enjoy writing code, but life keeps getting in the way.)

> Generally, those who produce the code get to decide what does, and does not,
> become a part of WP core. It's probably better that way, too, in most cases.

I'd argue it's not those who produce code but those who have commit rights.  The latter get to decide.

-Mike Schinkel