[wp-hackers] One CMS to Rule Them All (was This was painful to read...)

Matthew Gerring mgerring at emrl.com
Wed Dec 2 22:55:36 UTC 2009

I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. The shop I work
for has been using WordPress as a CMS for all of our clients for
something like two years, covering a lot of different use cases-
everything from basic informational sites to public records
repositories to online stores.

Between Pods and More Fields, you already have working custom post
types. 2.9's support for them will only enhance what's already there,
not really create any new functionality. And URL routing has never
really been an issue for us.

As far as "perception", I'm not sure where the problem is there,
either. 100% of our clients have never heard of WordPress, and they
don't care, either- they just like it because the interface is dead
simple, and it works. The perception issue, if there is such an issue,
is better solved by just doing quality work for clients needing an
easy-to-use CMS solution than going around trying to convince people
that you can do such a thing.

Anyway. Just my two cents. I personally think 2.9 rocks as is, and I
can't wait to start using it in production.