[wp-hackers] Tips for moving a Wordpress install

Christian Gundersson gundersson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 20:41:07 UTC 2009

I've looked at this alternative, but as you mention in step 4 there will be
search and replacing since WP itself inserts absolute paths in posts when
you insert an image from media library.

And to answer Mikes question, almost all cases I'm interested in will be
moving from a local development platform to a public site which means that
the domain name/siteurl will change.

I was hoping that there would be a less cumbersome way of doing this step.

//Christian