[wp-hackers] Custom Post Types

Anthony Cole me at anthony.geek.nz
Tue Dec 1 01:15:12 UTC 2009

Hey All,

I think I'm making this a bit hard on myself. I'm putting together a
directory plugin and I'm kind of stuck at a certain point in making
the rewrites work. Some of you are going to kill me when I type this
because I *think* this is the completely wrong way to do things.

What I'm doing is using a shortcode and a mix of get_query_vars to
load my custom post types into a url. If a certain query_var is
present (have a few rewrite rules - IE one for categories) then it
loads the content.

Obviously this is causing more harm then good and I'm just clueless of
how to do it the right way. I've seen a few people allude to doing it
on hackers, but would someone mind clarifying the *proper* way to do
this?

Cheers,
Anthony