[wp-hackers] Somehow critical wp.org/extend/plugins issue

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Fri Aug 28 12:54:00 UTC 2009

Peeps,

Just checked my profile on wp.org/extend/plugins
<http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/profile/ozh> and noticed that a
plugin I don't know appears in the list. It turns out I'm listed as a
contributor, which I am not (AdSense Immediately!)

The problem with this plugin is that is contains several hardcoded
base64_decode() shits with author's adsense code and not sure what
else (didn't extensively check)

I have the feeling I'm listed as a contributor to add authority to the
plugin, but I definitely don't want to be associated with it. Other
plugin authors might want to check their profile listing for any
similar finding.

As a bonus, there is no valid contact info on this plugin, I have no
clue who the dummy is...

--
http://planetOzh.com ~ Blog and WordPress Stuff
http://FrenchFragFactory.net ~ Daily Quake News