[wp-hackers] How to set up crons in WP?

rajasekharan websweetweb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 12:57:07 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up a cron job in wordpress to call a function called
"wpr_cronjob" every hour in my wordpress plugin. So I registered a
activation hook and in the hook I call the following function:

wp_schedule_event(time(), 'hourly', 'wpr_cronjob');

But I the function is not getting called because every time the function
is called, I will receive an email (which I am not getting). I have set
up a cronjob on my linux server to run wp-cron.php every 5 minutes and
the function is still not getting called. Could you please tell me what
I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Raj Sekharan.