[wp-hackers] Category Hooks

Paul paul at codehooligans.com
Fri Aug 14 22:15:47 UTC 2009

Carl,

I just pulled up a client project site running 2.8.3. If you look at
the file
wp-admin/edit-category-form.php line 79

you should see the line

	do_action('edit_category_form_fields', $category);

I would call this a 'hook' that allows you to add extra fields like an
image upload field or something else. Or corse then you would also
need to find the hook for when the category is saved which would need
to write your field somewhere.

Seems simple enough unless I've misunderstood your request.

P-