[wp-hackers] WPMU Category Table

Will Anderson wp-hackers at itsananderson.com
Fri Aug 14 19:27:46 UTC 2009

> single-{postname}.php <- For customized post pages, similar to the
> idea of Page Templates, but more for one off cases

Actually, I don't think page templates ever work this way either. The fancy
template flow diagram<http://codex.wordpress.org/File:Template_Hierarchy.png>probably
needs to either be changed or clarified to better reflect the way page
templates actually work <http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#Page_Templates>.

If you have a page with a slug like "custom-page", creating a template
called "custom-page.php" won't mean that it's automatically used. That being
said, it would be kind of cool if this were the case.

--
Will Anderson
http://www.itsananderson.com/