[wp-hackers] Need help in making Changes to edit.php

Nikhil mnikhil at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:19:57 UTC 2009

Hi Group,

I have been looking at making changes to edit.php under wp-admin, such that
in the editor when I add or link to any http reference, I should be able to
have another customized http link besides the original http link . I have
been looking at the edit WYSIWYG editor and it seems that the making or
breaking of the http reference link is taken care by the javascript side of
things which I found the definition in wp-lang.php. But certainly what I do
not get is that which / where is the code where I need to make changes to
get the 'Insert/ edit link' small javascript/ajax window so that while it
builds the http reference link, it should add another customized http link
just beside.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much useful.
Thanks again for the help.

Nikhil