[wp-hackers] WPMU VHOST constant

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Wed Aug 5 19:40:48 UTC 2009

If you use constant(), you don't need really need to use defined() since
it returns null if the constant if undefined.  Instead you can just
suppress the warning, so either of these should work:
if ( @constant('VHOST') == 'yes' ) {}
if ( defined('VHOST') && VHOST == 'yes' ) {}

The only edge case where those would perform differently is if you were
trying to tell if the constant was not defined vs being defined as null:
//MYCONST purposely not defined
if ( @constant('MYCONST') == null ) {
  //This runs
}
if ( defined('MYCONST') && MYCONST== null ) {
  //This does not run
}