[wp-hackers] Reason for Replacement in the_content()

Charles K. Clarkson cclarkson at htcomp.net
Wed Aug 5 15:31:32 UTC 2009

Andy Skelton wrote:
> This is necessary for feeds. CDATA wrappers do not nest. If this
> string is in a post and you leave it intact the content's CDATA
> wrapper is prematurely closed and the feed becomes invalid XML. You
> shouldn't put CDATA wrappers in a post. But at least if you do, the
> feed won't break.

Andy, I have been wondering about this for more than a month.
Searching the internet for ']]>' is less than fruitful :)

Thank you very much,

Charles Clarkson
--
Mobile Home Investor
Free Market Advocate

I'm not really a smart person. I just play one on the Internet.

Stephenville, TX
http://www.clarksonenergyhomes.com/wordpress/about/
http://twitter.com/CharlesClarkson
+1 (254) 968-8328