[wp-hackers] Edit Template Tags with Plugin

SoJ Web sojweb at indiana.edu
Fri Apr 17 13:06:20 GMT 2009

I think this would be really tricky. Any solution would have to
involved output buffering because those template files virtually
always include script (unless you wanted to filter script). The
functions you mentioned all have a do_action hook, so it might be
possible to hook into that, turn on output buffering, load the files,
process the buffer, and then output it. After the hook, WordPress will
still try to load the files, but it uses a require_once, so that
probably won't do anything.

Out of curiosity, what would this be used for?

-Jeff