[wp-hackers] 24-hour has-patch marathon TODAY

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Thu Apr 16 20:58:43 GMT 2009

Mike Schinkel wrote:
> "Matt Martz" <mdmartz at sivel.net> wrote:
>
>> If you read the dev blog then you should have heard
>> about this 2 days ago when the post was made.
>>

> 2 days is still very short notice.

I agree. Especially when one of those days is Tax Day here in the U.S. I
was one of the procrastinators who spent all day yesterday finishing up
my taxes (and really it wasn't just procrastination -- my family has had
a lot going on that made it hard to make time for it before now), so I
didn't see the info about it until this morning. If it had been
scheduled about a week later, I might have been able to participate in
some patch testing/creation. :-/

That said, I think the original complaint kind of banged on Automattic a
bit unfairly. There's nothing to stop us "regular" WP community members
from contributing our thoughts, code, patches, testing, etc. at any
given time. On the other hand, since Automattic *does* basically have
the role of Benevolent Dictator, it *would* be nice if they'd lay out
the Roadmap a little more clearly/transparently and communicate upcoming
milestones/deadlines in advance.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. ;)

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>