[wp-hackers] 24-hour has-patch marathon TODAY

Daniel Torreblanca regulatethis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 14:15:21 GMT 2009

Hmm this is the first I've heard of this. It would've been sweet if
there'd been some advanced notification, I definitely would've set
aside time, but now I have stuff to do and won't be able to
participate.

It kinda sucks how little communication there is to the wp-hackers
list from Automattic. I read the WP dev blog and subscribe to this
list, and I haven't heard anything about this until just now. Is there
some other location where this type of communication happens? IRC? I'd
imagine that anything important mentioned in IRC would have to be
archived somewhere like in a mailing list. I feel like this list (and
the people who subscribe to it/contribute to Wordpress) have pretty
much been ignored/abandoned by Automattic and the core WP team. We
have no direction here, and as a consequence spend more time arguing
and blowing hot air than getting anything done. Since I don't like
wasting my time in this manner, I contribute less to this project than
I would like to, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

/rant