[wp-hackers] peculiar problem on setting GMT

SoJ Web sojweb at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 16 13:02:56 GMT 2009

Yeah, I went with displaying the GMT offset along with the author
time, but displaying local time would also be nice. At any rate, some
point of reference for the time is definitely in order if posts come
from different time zones.

-Jeff

On Apr 16, 2009, at 8:58 AM, Stephen Rider wrote:

> I think in terms of display (this is a theme issue I think) it would
> be best to follow Jesse's suggestion:  display both "blog" time (or
> the reader's time if known), AND the author's time.  If you order by
> server time but display just the author's time, your readers will be
> saying "Why are these out of order??"
>
> :)
>
> Stephen
>
> On Apr 15, 2009, at 12:05 PM, SoJ Web wrote:
>
>> Way ahead of you, made the plugin last night :-). I wasn't aware of
>> that pre_option_gmt_offset filter, though, that'll make it simpler;
>> many thanks. I'm doing some polishing and will upload it later.
>>

>> -Jeff
>>
>> On Apr 15, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Otto wrote:
>>>
>>> Ahh. Well, okay, for that you don't need any special display code at
>>> all. Just a per-user timezone adjustment setting. Then, the