[wp-hackers] Setting up a WP Query with a search

SoJ Web sojweb at indiana.edu
Mon Apr 13 19:21:55 GMT 2009

Are you just trying to modify or override the default WP search? There
are a few filters you can use to modify the query fairly extensively.
The Search Everything plugin has some nice code that can give you an
idea of working with that stuff:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search-everything/

Not to say it's the best method, depending on what you're doing, but
it's reasonably straightforward and easy to maintain.

-Jeff