[wp-hackers] Which WordPress plugins should we bundle with our appliance?

Demetris kikizas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 16:02:40 GMT 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Liraz Siri <liraz at turnkeylinux.org> wrote:
> I'm a developer for TurnKey Linux, an open source project developing a
> family of free, easy to use server appliances based on Ubuntu. We
> recently added WordPress to our roster:
>
> http://www.turnkeylinux.org/appliances/wordpress
>
> We're interested in getting feedback from the WordPress development
> community regarding which plugins we should bundle into the next version
> of the appliance. We've been doing that kind of bundling for other
> appliances such as our Drupal and MediaWiki appliances.
>
> Cheers,
> Liraz

I published a selection the other day which you may find useful, in
addition to what people have already suggested here.

Basic WordPress Plugins
http://op111.net/70

You can also look at the official repository, sorting by popularity
and by rating:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/browse/popular/
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/browse/top-rated/

All plugins at wordpress.org/extend are GPL compatible, so, in that
respect, any plugin from wp.org is fit to be bundled in a Linux
distrubition.

Cheers,

Demetris