[wp-hackers] Any way to bypass $wp->query_posts()?

Dayaparan P daya at meyshan.com
Sat Apr 11 04:24:24 GMT 2009

i guess, you guys, now better stop spamming others mails. regards daya

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Nathan Rice <ncrice at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a lot of respect for Otto and what he does for the community. I mean
> a LOT of respect.
>
> With that said, in this case, and in many others, he does routinely cross
> over from "strong but polite disagreement" to "insulting ridicule".
>
> Personally, if I asked HOW to do something, I wouldn't typically expect to
> be told how stupid I was for wanting to do that particular something. If
> you
> know how to do it, just tell me how, and move on. This thread is 30+ emails
> long, and he still doesn't have an answer. You've spent more time arguing
> about the "why" than it would have taken to just tell him the "how".
>
> Just my $0.02
>
> My Website
> http://www.nathanrice.net/
>
> My Twitter
> http://twitter.com/nathanrice
>

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Mike Schinkel <
> mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
> > wrote:
>
> > > you adopt some holier-than-thou tone and tell people,
> > > who are trying in good faith to contribute to a discussion,
> > > why they are idiots.
> > ,
> > I argued my case for my needs, based on my development experience; I
> never
> > claimed anyone was an idiot and I resent that you state that.
> >
> > OTOH, you argued repeatedly against my requests even though you never
> > explained how meeting my requests could affect you negatively in the
> least.
> >
> > > Do you have any idea how insulting that sounds? Helpful hint
> > > for the  future: if you want people to take you seriously,
> > > don't treat them like misbehaving three year olds.
> >
> > Do you have any idea how insulting it is to be told in the same email
> that
> > "None of the scenarios you present make the slightest bit of sense", "The
> > solution you proposed, frankly, sucks" and "Your idea simply makes no
> > reasonable sense?"  If you want to reduce the insult level here my
> helpful
> > hint to you is to not choose to ignore the insults that come from those
> who
> > you agree with and attack those whose opinions you don't agree with.  I'm
> > happy to be completely respectful, but only when respect is afforded me
> as
> > well.
> >
> > -Mike Schinkel
> > Custom Wordpress Plugins
> > http://mikeschinkel.com/custom-wordpress-plugins

Please Consider Your Environmental Responsibility, Before Printing This
Document

Disclaimer
This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person
or organization to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not copy, distribute or disseminate the information, or
take any action in reliance of it. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of any organization or employer. If you have received
this message in error, do not open any attachment but please notify the
sender (above) deleting this message from your system. Please rely on your
own virus check no responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage
arising out of any bug or virus infection.