[wp-hackers] 'same category name'-issue

Michael Toppa public at toppa.com
Fri Apr 10 15:24:34 GMT 2009

What's wrong with the solution that's presented at the end of the
support thread you linked to? (having 2 or more categories with the same
name as long as their slugs are different). No matter what kind of
abstraction you apply to the parent-child relationships, in the end
you'll need unique slugs anyway, to maintain flexible permalink options.

Mike T