[wp-hackers] Permanent Redirect

Dino Termini dino at duechiacchiere.it
Wed Apr 8 17:43:27 GMT 2009

Hello everybody,

In order to improve the SEO of my weblog, I'd like to change the format
of my permalinks. My current format is /%post-id%/ and I would like to
change it to /%postname%/ . This is easy. The problem is that after
doing this, all my 'old' URLs are not reachable anymore and people get
an ugly 404 error. So I was trying to redirect people hitting the old
URLs to the new ones. Please note that I have more than 1200 articles,
so I cannot use .htaccess or other manual approaches :-) Anyone?

Thanks,
dino.