[wp-hackers] Template revisioning system for WordPress

Beau Lebens beau at dentedreality.com.au
Mon Apr 6 15:47:41 GMT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 2:01 AM, Nivanka Fonseka <fonsekaean at gmail.com> wrote:
> yes I have mentioned it in my proposal, but there are some constrains,
> WordPress templates are made of at least 4 or 5 files, so for this
> matter we cannot just use the logic behind the content versioning
> system. So my point is that to make this we will have to think of some
> other means, and come up with a solution, I have included what I have
> in my mind in my proposal.

Yes, themes would probably benefit from more of an SVN-like system,
where the entire "repo" was numbered (rather than individual files),
so that you could roll back the whole theme to a known point, but that
might be a bit tricky to implement given the potential number of files
involved.

And FYI: although I don't think you can edit applications, you can
definitely add comments/"Reviews" to them on the site for more
detail/clarification etc.

Beau