[wp-hackers] Addition to template-loader.php

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 12:19:04 GMT 2009

On 2 Apr 2009, at 18:23, Mike Schinkel wrote:

> One of the things I keep running into as a problem is the inability
> in template-loader.php to gain control before code runs. I'd really
> like to see  (something like) the following added to template-
> loader.php just ahead of "if ( is_robots() )":
>
> Thoughts?

What problem are you having with the existing method which causes you
to require a new one?

Currently you can already perform your work on the template_redirect
action and then exit if you don't want any further processing of the
output by WordPress

Can you give us details of why this doesn't work?

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5