[wp-hackers] Login doesnt work in intranet URLs in MU version

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Thu Sep 25 14:52:28 GMT 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 8:15 AM, senthilraja P wrote:

> Thanks dougal.  But in our company, all intranet urls are like https://blogs
> ,
> https://wiki .  Infact, we have a huge corporate blog implementation
> of
> wordpress that hosts around 15,000 blogs inside our company..  the
> url is
> like https://ch1blogs/blogs .
>
> I am currently upgrading the code base to the latest version...  i
> deployed
> a customized version of wordpress around two years back when
> wordpress was
> in its nightly build and now i am redoing all customizations in to
> plugins.
> We need to maintain the same url after upgradation..
>
> It would be helpful, if i know in which part of the code this issues
> exists..

Dougal is correct.  Will Norris recently covered this issue:

	http://willnorris.com/2008/09/wordpress-mu-in-a-development-environment

The two second version: WPMU includes the hostname when setting a
cookie (WP doesn't), which requires an embedded dot (part of the HTTP
cookie spec) to work.  Meaning http://blogs.mycompany/ will work, but http://blogs/
  won't.

--
Joseph Scott