[wp-hackers] Login doesnt work in intranet URLs in MU version

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Thu Sep 25 12:30:30 GMT 2008

technocraze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to install wordpress MU in my company intranet, but i
> could not login with intranet URL.  (eg: https://blogs/).
>
> After installation, i tried to login as admin, but i am getting the
> same login page again.
>
> I am currently debugging the issue.  Is it a bug?

I think WPMU expects a more fully formed hostname, which needs at least
two parts. So you'd need to name your site something like
'blogs.localnet' instead of just 'blogs' (or better yet:
'blogs.myrealdomain.com'). This can be a pain if you don't have internal
DNS already set up. But I always say that it's worth it to set up DNS
for your office network anyways.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/