[wp-hackers] Modifying wp-comments-post.php to accept new custom fields

MLR mlrichard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 01:53:47 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have created new columns in wp_comments and new input fields in a blog to
gather more data along with the comments (Gender, Age, etc.)

I have modified wp-comments-post.php to gather these new POST variables and
added the column names to  the $commentdata = compact() line

Currently my mods are not causing an error but obviously the new fields are
empty on save.

What else should I tweak beyond that? I have looked in the Codex and on the
Web for an answer but the search results are overwhelmed with generic
unrelated info.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,

Marie-Lynn