[wp-hackers] Not Feeling Crazyhorse

Bret McMillan bretm at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 14:55:44 GMT 2008

Aaron Brazell wrote:
> Hey folks-
>
> I've been using trunk on one of my blogs and tracked the Crazyhorse stuff. I
> guess part of me hoped that there would be some sense brought to it, but
> then everything I hated about it was merged into trunk. No offense to anyone
> who did any of the work, but it just doesn't feel right. Thinking it might
> just be me, I got second opinions. It just doesn't feel right.
>
> Granted, we're on this course now and there's no turning back. It would be
> nice, though, if there were a option to use the more traditional backend
> instead. Something along the lines of the Fresh/Classic color scheme
> switcher. Thoughts?

My use cases are wordpress.com & wordpress-mu.  A major UI annoyance for
me was the split between the left-aligned & right-aligned menus; so in
that sense I'm deeply hoping wpmu will be able to make the multi-site
options fit into the left-nav.

For your use case, what "doesn't feel right"?  Does it just feel
"different," or are there concrete things that you can point to and
reason out why they're wrong?

If you're a long-term user, it's normal to be annoyed by change, even if
that change be beneficial long-term.  Muscle-memory is hard to rewrite ;)

But if there were specifics you could discuss, I'm sure that'd help the
UI guys.

cheers,

--Bret