[wp-hackers] SVN Revision in footer?

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 14 00:07:39 GMT 2008

Hey,

This may have already been discussed, but I was wondering how possible it
would be to display what SVN revision the current WP install is using in the
admin footer.

We currently have "You are using a development version (2.7-hemorrhage).
Cool! Please stay updated.", it would be nice if I could hover over the
"(2.7-hemorrhage)" and the tooltip say "Revision 8883".

Is this possible? Through the use of a plugin would be best I think, no
point adding overhead to WP for a feature only techies will benefit from.

-- Alex