[wp-hackers] SVN OK?

Barry Abrahamson barry at automattic.com
Tue Sep 2 23:24:19 GMT 2008

On Sep 2, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Scot Hacker wrote:

> Trying to run my usual wp-mass-upgrade shell script, which is an svn
> wrapper I use to manage dozens of WP installations, and getting this:
>
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/wordpress/tags/2.5.1'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/wordpress/tags/2.5.1': could not connect to
> server (http://svn.automattic.com)
>
> Yet this is responding fine through a browser:
> http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/tags/
>
> Theories? Thanks.

I am unable to replicate the issue, so I would suspect a communication
problem (network maybe?) between the place where you are running the
command and the Automattic SVN server.  Are you running the upgrade
script from the same place you are viewing the content in your browser?

I would try running this from the same place you are running the
script and see what happens:

telnet svn.automattic.com 80

--
Barry Abrahamson | Systems Wrangler | Automattic
Blog: http://barry.wordpress.com